Key benefits of accreditation
- helps individual lawyers plan their career progression;
- helps differentiate them from their peers;
- provides independent evidence of their key skills; and
- demonstrates their commitment to client focus as well as technical skills.
- Once a lawyer becomes accredited, they also have:
- the right to use the “Signet Accredited” designation and logo on letters, business cards, webpages and tenders etc; and
- access to an ongoing exclusive professional development and support programme to complement their in-office training.
To firms and organisations:
- validation of internal training effectiveness against independently assessed criteria;
- a tool to help motivate and retain key staff;
- ability to benchmark against best practice;
- a credential to support marketing statements about having a client focus, quality of advice etc;
- evidence of commitment to high standards of service delivery; and
- publicity opportunities from having accredited lawyers.
- an independent directory of lawyers with specialist skills;
- ability to identify lawyers with an ongoing commitment to client focus as well as technical skills; and
- reassurance that inclusion in the directory is based on objective assessment.